Monday 15 December 2008

The calm before the storm

I continue to feel mightily weird. I think, in fact, I've become just one huge hormone. I'm starting to get spots, which at my age are extremely unwelcome! The joys of being a woman off the pill. At the moment make-up seems to be covering them, and I think I'm more conscious of them than anyone else is, but it does take me back to my teenage days (not in a good way!) I'm getting reacquainted with the delights of spot gel.

At the weekend my husband and I went to the local DIY place to buy bits and bobs for our bathroom. Amazingly, we managed to fall out over a towel rail. Yes, you've read that right - we argued over that crucial, make or break home accessory, the one bar, chrome effect towel rail. I really do need some help with this damn pituitary gland of mine before my poor husband has to go on antidepressants just to cope with me.

We are still awaiting a start date for the "big move", so that's probably contributing to the weird feeling too. There's not much we can do at the moment, except get moving on getting the house ready for renting out - various workmen need to be chivvied along to get jobs done at a reasonable pace, and we need to sort, pack, sort, pack, sort, pack, ad infinitum. Still, I think we'll wait until after Christmas for all of that.

We're undoubtedly experiencing the calm before the storm. It's odd, to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, hormones. I remember them well. I am probably the most argumentative and tearful woman on the globe when I'm off the pill (or on the wrong pill).

    ReplyDelete

Followers

BlogCatalog

Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory