Monday 26 July 2010

Happy Anniversary

My husband and I recently celebrated four years of marriage. It seems to have flown by (if you'll excuse the pun!)

My brother-in-law sent us an email on the day to congratulate us. In it he said that he and his wife had been reflecting on all the hugely stressful events that we've had to deal with since then, and said how impressed they had been with how well we'd coped with them. He also said that he hoped the next four years would be better for all of us - something I sincerely hope will be the case.

Since we married, you see, we've dealt with:

Infertility
Having a baby (yes, wonderful, but stressful too!)
Two car crashes
Redundancy
Major financial worries
Moving country and employer
Leaving an established career behind
And, of course, the worst one of all - losing a parent.

The only major life stress that we haven't experienced is divorce, and trust me, that's not on the table!

So, here's to another four years, my darling. Life is always brilliant with you, no matter what we face, because I married my best friend and soul mate. Together, we can get through anything.

How lucky are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

BlogCatalog

Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory