Tuesday 17 March 2009

New beginnings

Well, here I am! After all that waiting, I'm finally back with my husband in our new home, beginning our new life.

I got Business Class on the way out (hooray!) and it was a wonderful flight. Saying goodbye to mum and dad at the airport was pretty horrible, as I'd expected. I had a wonderful few weeks with them before I left, which was both a good and a bad thing; we got to make some wonderful memories, but it also means I'm missing them more I think.

Still, nothing beats how I felt when I saw my husband again. The good thing about flying Business was that my bags were out incredibly quickly, and so it wasn't long after we touched down that I took a deep breath and walked through the exit into the arrivals hall. I was greeted by a sea of faces, but I immediately saw my husband, who was waving at me like a mad thing. And, despite the fact that public displays of affection are frowned upon here, we had a wonderful, long hug, and it was such an amazing feeling to be together again.

My husband had a day off yesterday and we headed to the shops to buy some essentials for the apartment, including more cutlery and plates, as he'd been surviving with only one set! It feels good to be furnishing our new place with things we've chosen together. That's how places start to feel like home.

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you. I can say I know exactly how that must have felt! Saying goodbye to your parents at the airport but then stepping off the plane and walking into the arms of the man you love and who you have missed for so long. It is definitely bittersweet. The missing family does get easier, but comes and goes over time. Some days I miss them tons and other days I feel totally fine and independent. Hopefully it will be a smooth transition for you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

BlogCatalog

Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory