Thursday 23 July 2009

Anniversary


Yesterday, we celebrated our wedding anniversary. It was a lovely day, despite the fact my husband had asked for a day off and got a training course instead! Luckily it finished after lunch and we were able to spend a gorgeous afternoon and evening together. We took a walk along the seafront at sunset, and then headed to a very decadent restaurant for a spot of indulgence! A perfect day.

This year our anniversary seemed to assume a greater significance. I think that's because it comes at the end of what has been a very tough year for us - discovering the extent of my infertility, then my husband's airline going bust, then us moving here halfway across the world to start all over again.

It's been a very challenging year, and I think when you go through these things they either make you stronger or divide you, but luckily in our case it has been the former. We both feel that we have never been closer to each other. Quite a result after a tumultuous year.

3 comments:

  1. My wife and I celebrated our nine year anniversary yesterday as well.

    About the challenges of life, I have a favorite quote from Winston Churchill:

    "Kites rise highest against the wind... not with it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! May you enjoy many more beautiful moments together in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. Always a wonderful thing to celebrate. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Followers

BlogCatalog

Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory