Friday 28 November 2008

A320 Perpignan crash

My heart is filled with sadness for the families of the seven people on board the A320 that ditched off France yesterday afternoon. Such a shocking, horrific thing to happen. I understand the aircraft had just finished a lease to XL Germany and was on its way back to Air New Zealand, and it had two German flight crew, and 5 Kiwis on board doing a check flight after maintenance. As I write this in the early hours, there are two confirmed dead, and five missing.

The crash didn't really rate high on the news agenda alongside the Mumbai terror attacks - what a day for horrible, horrible news - but as ever, this remains one of my nightmares, and my thoughts are with anyone involved in this horrible incident.

God bless them, and may they all rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. How horrible - it's the news that no one wants to get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a sad day here in NZ and amazingly came on the anniversary of New Zealand's worst ever air disaster (Mt Erebus, 28 November 1979). I hope answers come quickly for the sake of the families.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

BlogCatalog

Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory