Friday 3 October 2008

Babushka

My best friend has just been to visit with her two little girls - one who's nearly two, and her new baby, who's just a month old.

I really wasn't sure how I was going to feel when I saw the baby. To tell you the truth, I had been putting off going to see her, aware that I might blub the minute I saw her, or worse, be resentful and jealous. That's one of the hardest things to deal with at the moment - I just feel irrationally jealous of pregnant women. I'm not proud of myself in the slightest, but it's quite hard to control. My husband is great and jokes with me about it - if I see a baby in the supermarket he usually says something like "If we took it home I'm sure they wouldn't notice..." which always makes me laugh!

Anyhow, when I actually saw the baby and gave it a cuddle, instead of feeling jealous I just felt in awe. It was so tiny, and so perfect, and it just looked at me with its big blue eyes and well, that was that really.

We hope we'll have one just like that one day. We're not giving up, anyway, not by a long shot.

3 comments:

  1. A friend who had given up "trying" cuddled our newborn and then fell pregnant that week. Her best friend then had a baby unexpectedly nine months after that.

    The old wives tale is that if you hold a newborn, it "gets your hormones going", and infertile women were often encouraged to nurse the newborns in the nurseries.

    They certainly have the "aaaahhhh" factor.

    By the way, we all met through school with our older kids, and there is an 8 year gap to the babies.

    Good Luck. Invite her over again

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister in law is going through this, They are trying their second attempt at in vitro- The longing for a baby can seem overwhelming at times,good luck to you in this area.Don't give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good friend of mine tried for years and years; all of the tests said they had no problems, but it just didn't happen.

    After years and years of stressing about their fertility; they resigned themselves to fate, and gave up. Within a few months of giving up, they discovered they were pregnant!

    They now have 2, so try not to stress, and keep holding babies (it's meant to help your own fertility apparently!)

    I hope you have one just like it too. You'd make a wonderful mummy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

BlogCatalog

Relationship Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory